March 1, 2010

a far, far forest



Every day since we moved I've passed by the State Forest that's across from our road. Every day I've wanted to turn in, see what's beyond the bend, discover the secrets and delights this, our neighborhood forest, holds. 

Today, I took the turn...



The fading light lay quietly across the still lake. A small herd of deer drank and grazed on the far bank.  The picnic tables, paths, and pavilions were empty, but for me, and the deer, and whatever other silent watchers stood mute in the brush.


The colors captivated me, as colors always do. I came home thinking of brown, and gray, and the texture of wood and leaves and water.






top 3 photos mine; mouse over others for sourcee

If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, 
you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything. 
 - Alan Watts




http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

C.J. said...

I love these pictures! Bet in the Spring (come on Spring) its really beautiful, thanks for sharing. Getting settled?

boops said...

i know what you mean...i also find that i'm inspired by a place in nature, and i try to replicate it at home.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin