March 21, 2010

a stop sign somewhere



Since I've found some of the things on my craigs-wishlist, I figured I ought to update the list:

  • I still need something to use as side-tables beside the chairs flanking the fireplace. I still really want them to be ceramic garden stools, but I'm open to other possibilities.
  • I still need to figure out what - if anything - to do about the wall space above said chairs.
  • And I'm REEEEEALLY ready for a different coffee table.
In the meantime, I've got a garage full of cool stuff that I brought from the other house, but that I can't really find a spot for here. So I'm thinking about listing it on my local craigslist, to make a little extra ka-ching, and to clear some space. 

Here are a few items:

GINORMOUS green chalkboard w/ wood frame, 5' x 3'


shabby-licious white corner cabinet with glass doors

6 oak dining chairs, good condition

shabby little side table

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Seriously, our garage is packed. See?

more cool stuff in the garage

Another option is to just pile it all in the truck and haul it to a very cool and funky thrift/antique/junk shop nearby, where the owner has offered to give me "store credit" for anything I dump on her doorstep that she then sells. We haven't discussed percentages, but the idea is appealing, because it would be a hell of a lot simpler than dealing with the craigslistings/buyers/etc.

What's your vote? Craigslist for more $, or one-stop for ease?


(And if you can suggest anything great to do with the chalkboard let me k now , because I do really like it - but keep in mind, that entry wall is the only wall in the entire house that's big enough for it...)


We're all collectors by nature. But if you're talking about an orderly life, there has to be a stop sign somewhere. Building a collection requires a strong constitution and the ability to resist. 
~ Albert Hadley




http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

helle said...

You really have some fine goods in your garage, Susan. I´m sure you will find new owners very soon.

Hugs

susan said so said...

Thanks, Helle, I hope you're right!

Happy Spring!
xox,
Susan

boops said...

if you have the space, hold out for getting more money for your inventory. behind the chairs, would about bookcases? something that would not compete with the fireplace.

MFAMB said...

the chalkboard is fab! what about something like this:http://urbangraceinteriors.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ef51a88883300e552d379e18834-500pi

or this:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kryk-jb4o5o/SUnRJUqSUjI/AAAAAAAACFI/ubcHfE7oXww/s400/heatherdining+room.jpg

also, i haven't forgot about you. i am working in order. i should have you all good to go this week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin