March 7, 2010

what you are and what you might be

I've managed to carve out a dedicated space for crafting in almost every place I've lived the past 15 years. I've crafted in closets, corners, big rooms, tiny rooms...every space was unique, and I enjoyed them all.

This was my (very, very full) craft cubby in a closet off the living room of our apartment in historic Old Louisville; the door behind the rocker leads to the cubby. Our apartment was the 2nd floor and attic of an early 20th century house that had been divided into 2 apartments at the end of WWII.

Here on Moss Hill I have a good-sized bedroom to use however my little heart desires. The best part is that this room had a large walk-in closet, complete with built-in shelving, so all my supplies can be housed behind closed doors. With that in mind, I'm thinking I'll create more of a sitting room/library/office, with a work table incorporated into the space. 

These are some rooms I've been looking at for inspiration:

top 4 images mine; scroll over others for source


"You must have a room or a certain hour of the day or so where you do not know what is in the morning paper. A place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and what you might be. At first you may think nothing's happening.  But if you have a sacred space and take advantage of it and use it everyday, something will happen" - Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth


P.S. Have you entered the giveaway? 




http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Love the fresh, happy feeling of your inspirational pics!

Marsha said...

Imagine....a place specified to do what you love. You are so fortunate!

boops said...

does the room have a nice view....sometimes i find staring out into space and daydreaming helps the creative process.

Chrisy said...

I am absolutely besotted with that quote...so beautiful...so uplifting...and the rooms, oh anyone looks pretty good..but the one with the sun streaming through the windows is particularly appealing.

karey m. said...

that quote is lovely and true. and i love your old mini-office! when i was a kid, no closet was safe from my redecorating...i wanted everyone to sleep in closets and go wild in the rest of the rooms.

where was i? oh yeah. those other spaces look nice but SO CLEAN, yes? can't wait to see what you end up with! xoxo

C.J. said...

hi, I love the white table, I have one in my garage just waiting for some white paint, oh God, not another project! lol thanks for the idea!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin