April 27, 2011

think nothing of tumbling


I just spent 1/2 hour out in the dark, some of it on my knees in the mud and wet grass, trying to lure a certain little shithead JRT named Rego out of a groundhog hole under the porch.

He dove headfirst into the dark burrow, thrilled at the prospect that maybe, just maybe, he'd actually find a groundhog. He didn't, but that didn't stop him from enjoying every minute of possibility.

I'm not so brave, nor itching for adventure. Nonetheless, I feel myself slipping down the rabbit hole, with none of Alice's curiosity, nor Rego's joyous bravado. I'd just as soon proceed with caution. But alas, that is not to be...

I might as well stop fighting it, and let go.

 All works by Andy Goldsworthy

 `Well!' thought Alice to herself, `after such a fall as this, 
shall think nothing of tumbling down stairs! 
How brave they'll all think me at home! 
Why, I wouldn't say anything about it, 
even if I fell off the top of the house!' 
~ Lewis Carroll


http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

boops said...

gotta love those JRTs....just following their instincts!

life, in small chunks said...

Glad you got Rego to come out, but the rest is curiouser and curiouser...
Karin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin