A quick trip to Indi's thrifts netted some sweet scores (partial list below), but most of all I came home inspired to change things up, using what I already had on hand in my "well stocked" garage.
See these examples, below; please forgive the shitty pictures, which got progressively worse as the battery took its dying breath, then died altogether.
1) Everything on these shelves came from our garage except the galvanized tin bucket (now full of chalk for the giant blackboard) and the tiny tin birdhouse, which is destined for the porch. Oh, and the bamboo shelves? CRAIGSLIST!
2) I moved the gateleg table from the opposite wall (where the shelves are now) to this corner. It's wider, so I opened one leaf, and has an outlet, so I added the lamp. It was in the living room, but in Indi I got a gorgeous fat blue ceramic ginger jar lamp w/ a black base to use instead, so this lamp was available. YAY! I would show you a picture of said lamp in the newly restyled living room, but the camera battery died before I got to it. The worst part about it is the fact that I can't find the charger. Anywhere.
3) This is all stuff I've had forever, except the miniature picture; it was a weekend score. I'm very happy with the way it all works together. (Notice how the photos are getting worse? Grrr.)
4) This mirror was above the fireplace until yesterday. Over the mantel now is a HUGE white-framed mirror; the lamps have been changed as well, to small uplights, kind of like this:
I would show you a photo of the newly restyled mantel, but, ummmm...yeah, the camera.
Okay, so EVEN THOUGH THEY SUCK, here are some tiny little pics, from my bberry, of the new lamp, coffee table, and restyled mantel. Hard to tell, I know, but all the changes made a huge difference... The much needed additions of blue and white cooled things off a bit, and balanced out the reds, toasty warm yellows, and golden wood tones.
So, what else did I get, since none of it is in these pics?
- 20 or so canning jars that will be starring in a role as table centerpieces at a wedding coming soon (more on that later!)
- 2 vintage (70s) drapery panels, bamboo print, that are destined for a new life covering the seats on my porch chairs (previously thrifted.)
- A granny-chic afghan for the guest room
- An umbrella stand! Yay! (I seem to collect umbrellas.)
- 2 white cotton shower curtains, 1 seersucker, 1 Battenburg lace. Nice for Spring-i-fying the bathrooms.
- Vintage crouquet set, with all the pieces, for $2.99. LOVE!
- Other stuff I can't think of.
Chance is always powerful.
Let your hook be always cast;
in the pool where you least expect it,
there will be a fish.