April 4, 2010

Happy 101!


So Boops of a very curious cookie bestowed upon me a Happy 101 award!  Thanks Boops, this is my first-ever blog award, and I'm so flattered! : )  



As a recipient of this award, I get to list 10 things that make me happy, AND pass the award on to 10 other bloggers who should do the same. You know, share the joy! 

So without further ado, and in no particular order, here are 10 (of the many) things that make me gloriously, insanely happy:

1. My Sweet Wife. Yes folks, I said wife...not that we can be legally married in this great country of ours, because of the very real threat of the universe imploding (thanks again, boops!) if we were afforded equal rights under the law, but nonetheless, we are wed, and happily so. She makes me smile and laugh and give thanks every. single. day. 

2. Dogs. Mine specifically, but the very existence of them in general. Here's one of my six, and if it's wrong to have a favorite, then I'm bad:

Baby Cooper

Cooper - My Canine Soulmate (*sigh*...)

3. My Work. I'm Shelter Manager of a large, open admissions, non-profit animal shelter. We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary of no euthanasia for over-crowding, and it was one of the best days ever. We did 6194 adoptions last year. Our live release rate is around 78%. Those are incredible numbers, and I'm so proud and HAPPY to be part of such amazing work. It's where I belong, what I'm meant to be doing.

4. Travel.  I love everything about traveling, from planning to packing to the actual journey. The unknown is so alluring, don't you think? Most recently I spent 2 weeks in Scotland last summer with my sister (who goes every year!) In all my travels, Scotland is the most beautiful place I've even been; I'm going again in July this year, and I can hardly wait!

(yes, this rainbow was real!)

5. The 2 People I Made. I would adore them even if they weren't mine.


6. Sushi. I could eat it every day. Really, I could.




7. Music. 



8. Thrifting. Oh yeah, the thrill of the hunt.



9. Moss Hill (our new house!) It took nearly a year to find it, but we're here now, and it's marvelous. Freaking brilliant.

10. Autumn. My favorite season. Maybe it's because I'm autumn-born. 
all photos mine except sushi (from sushi.com)

11. I know, I said 10, but these bloggers all make me happy, too, so here are my nominees: 




http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

karey m. said...

this is a PERFECT list...loved reading it. love moss hill. love the two you made. love it all.

well done and thank you for the mention! i'm in good company and it was nice to hear that i make someone happy. i needed that today, actually.

xoxo

boops said...

yay! you're awesome Susan!!!

Jordie said...

its sad that more american states allow marriage between first cousins than marriage between glbt peeps.. very sad. but still, your list is great! :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

HI, Susan, thanks for coming by & leaving a note, glad you enjoyed that post. I think it struck a chord with lots of women. Hope you'll come back & visit again. I'm a huge thrifter & love decorating topics.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, lady! I'm honored. ;)

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog today and I just want to say, wow. I will definitely be following your posts from now on. I adore all of the photographs, so lovely.
- Kaitlyn

Missa said...

Aw, thanks!

That Cooper is the cutest lil' thing ever, I can see why he's your fave ;)

Chrisy said...

Aw shucks Susie Loo I'm honored. Your post tho is a winner...enjoyed the list and all the great photos and little comments...me thinks your world is filled with beautiful people and places - just what you deserve.

About A Girl said...

I kept scrolling to make sure I made the cut. I love you mommy!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin