September 4, 2010

cares will drop off like autumn leaves


Today we hung the hammock. First we tried it on the porch, but it just wasn't right. Then I took it down and hung it from two trees at the edge of the yard, and I love it there - it's in the shade, it's away from the house - but I can't do what I really wanted to do with it, which is pile it high with comforters and pillows and make a nest to enjoy in all kinds of weather. Tomorrow I may move it back to the porch. Or maybe we need two?

This post, from the blog Catch Joy As It Flies By, is exactly how I want my relationship with my hammock to be. (Yes, I said relationship. With my hammock. What?! That's not weird! ... You are!)

Sorry, I digress. As usual.

Anyway, look at these - if you could only have one, where would you want it? Under cover? In the wild? The garden? The house? Sun or shade?


mouse over images for source

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you 
as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, 
and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. 
~  John Muir


http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Make, Do and Send said...

wow, i feel like taking a nap after seeing all those dreamy hammocks!

life, in small chunks said...

Ohhhhh...they are all wonderful in their own way. I think my favorite would be the 4th one down, under a tree in the garden. On the porch would be so nice, too. then you could be in it watching the rain come down...oh hell, get two.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin