January 31, 2010

the sight of the blue

The world today is blue and white: the morning sky and yesterday's snow. 

My love of blue and white was born when I saw my first piece of Blue Willow china.  I bought the whole box of platters and plates for a song, and continued collecting until it became popular, and priced out of my range.

I still love this palette; there's always room for blue.


mouse over images for source; top photo by friend Helen, Pentlands, Scotland



If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, 
if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, 
if the simple things in nature have a message you understand, 
Rejoice, for your soul is alive. 
- Eleanora Duse 






http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/


Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

helle said...

Scrolling down the images was one OOHHH after the other, Susan. I really share your love for the blue & white and I have 2 Willow serving plates hanging on my wall, found on fleamarkets, too.

Finding one of my shots among these gorgeous pictures made me so proud. Thank you! I adored the rokoko-bed and the knitted sweater!

You have a nice next week, hugs Helle

Marsha said...

As always, a visual and spiritual delight. It would be impossible (almost) to choose my favorite among them. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww love these photos

boops said...

so beautiful....blue is such a relaxing and soothing color....photo 2 is a nice interpretation of photo 1

Chrisy said...

Another gorgeous uplifting post honey...that willow pattern never goes out of fashion does it...love that first bedroom...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin