January 11, 2010

delightful society


I have never had enough room for all the books I own, or hope to own. The River House will be more challenging in that respect than any place I've lived, with the exception of the 6th St. apartment, and there most of my books were packed away in storage in another town. I'll never do that again if I can help it. 


These aren't those kind of books, but they're amazing just the same:








source: here

Books are delightful society.  If you go into a room and find it full of books - even without taking them from the shelves they seem to speak to you, to bid you welcome.  ~William Ewart Gladstone



http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

helle said...

Fascinating, Susan. Must check that link!
Very cold and snowy here, hugs Helle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin