August 27, 2009

leisured cosiness



There are so many kinds of country houses, and I seem to like them all, from the cabin in the woods to the Victorian cottage in the heartland to the clean-lined, simple croft hostel on the Isle of Iona, Scotland (above)...

Just looking at these makes me feel peaceful and comforted:











The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.- P G Wodehouse



http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Reminds me of the Goethe quote......something like, architecture is frozen music

susan said so said...

I love that quote, too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin