November 3, 2011

in a strange town


Kansas City, MO

I'm traveling for work, visiting shelters, forging bonds, offering support. Doing what I love, helping shelters help animals.

It's cold and rainy, and the wind is fierce. I don't mind; I'm in for the night, with room service coffee and bags packed for tomorrow's return home. I enjoy staying in hotels, with their magical self-making beds, self-tidying rooms, and dog-free sheets. Plus? It's a steady 60 degrees in my little temporary world, much too cold for wifey, but perfect for me. Still, it's not home...

Cocooned as I am in this one-size-fits-all space, these images - full of the clutter and clatter of home - are especially appealing.




To awaken quite alone in a strange town 
is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. 
Freya Stark


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin