September 7, 2011

look out the streaked window with complacency


Hello, September. I'm so glad you're here, and with you, the onset of autumn.  This Uncertain Summer is all but over. Next week I fly to Canada, then Chicago, for training at my new job. Tomorrow I'll be FIFTY. So  - yeah - we're turning the corner...

After months and days of hellish heat, autumn blew in a few nights ago on the back of a storm, and has settled in to stay awhile. Daytime temps are cool, nights are downright chilly. It's been raining on and off since Sunday, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Bring on the cozy...

 

The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain.  This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency.          ~Susan Allen Toth,  England For All Seasons

 
http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Merisi Vienna said...

Love how you describe the change of weather, "... autumn blew in a few nights ago on the back of a storm ..."!

boops said...

ditto on what Merisi said.

I wish you can disclose more of your job, I'm so intrigued!

Nothing beats cozy.

helle said...

Congratulations Susan! Wow 50, that some corner to round...every corner always reveal good new perspectives, that my experience so far!

Good luck with everything....hugs Helle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin