September 17, 2011

when our hearts are conscious


I've been in Toronto since Wednesday, training for my new job. I've experienced cultural differences on several levels - Canadian vs. American, and non-profit vs. corporate for-profit.  Everyone here has been really friendly, helpful, accommodating, and it's actually been a lot of fun!

We wrapped up yesterday, and last night I went to dinner with one of the VPs,  who, even though he was doing his corporate "duty" by taking the new Director out to dinner, was also a genuinely nice guy whose company I really enjoyed. It wasn't "just" dinner in Toronto, though...No, we drove to Niagara Falls, about an hour south of the city, and had dinner at a restaurant on the 33rd floor of the Hilton, overlooking the Falls, complete with a fireworks display.

Have I mentioned that I'm the luckiest person I know?

You can lean right over the guard rail, and the water is literally just a few feet below
When night falls, the lights come up...

 And then, FIREWORKS!

From the restaurant



















Next up, Chicago for more training. I have to run - my limo will be here in 1/2 hour to take me to the airport. (TRUST ME, I'm totally awed by this, and any attempts to be casual about it are purely an act!!)

Have I mentioned that I'm the luckiest person I know? :)

We can only be said to be alive in those moments 
when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  
~Thornton Wilder

http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Missy said...

I'm SO happy for you!!! You deserve ALL of it!!!!! Fataine!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin