November 11, 2013

joy in the uprooting


I've moved 5 times in 10 years - and 3 of those were in the last 4 years. That sounds like a lot to me. It feels like a lot.

I do love my apartment, though. 

loving room. painting above mantel by mfamb
living room into office
office
kitchen
kitchen
bird bath
I have big windows that let in lots of natural light, a transom over my kitchen door, beautifully inlaid hardwood floors, and 10' ceilings. I also have 2 fireplaces, both non-working but who cares? I just want to decorate the mantels and hearths anyway. My little fire escape deck is just the right size for my forest of houseplants (which are now inside for the winter) and a couple of chairs, and because I'm on the 2nd floor, I have some semblance of privacy, despite the fact that the houses on either side are so close I could practically touch them from here:
living room detail
 I wonder how long I'll be here?

I give you this to take with you: 
Nothing remains as it was. 
If you know this, you can 
begin again, 
with pure joy in the uprooting. 
― Judith Minty


xo, Susan

4 comments:

life, in small chunks said...

Wow. It is good to see you back. I also have backed away from my blog and just today went back to check out old friends and there you were! Ahhh...makes me think about doing something about mine. Anyway - welcome back. Good to "see" you.

Unknown said...

Love your new place!! You have always had a nack for interior design ever since I could remember! Some of your talent as rubbed off on me over the years...still could use some help with this place!

di jon said...

Hello, and welcome to our website for the best hand raised
hand raised macaw parrots for sale. We pride ourselves in the best taming practices of macaws among aviaries. All of ourmacaws for sale are bred in a disease-free Biosecure breeding sanctuary. They are well socialized, having been raised in our home as members of our own family in order for them to become ready to be a member of yours, we have green wing macaw,severe macaw for sale,scarlet macaw for sale,blue and yellow macaw for sale among others. They are quite comfortable around all ages, including the elderly and young children. When you purchase a bird from Us, we are committed to offering lifetime support and guidance to you and your family.You can read more and view our available birds.You can
READ MORE and view our avilable birds.

homular said...

Thank you very much for providing the information.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin