November 1, 2013

in a rush of howling winds


A big storm blew through last night, howling in from the west, tossing trees and leaves around with wild abandon. Perfect for Halloween, even if it was hell on Trick-or-Treaters. I'm not sure if it was the wind or a goblin that tossed my rosemary bush off the porch, shattering the clear blue glass ball that presided over it atop an iron rod and crowned with a fleur de lis. The huge flowerpot it was in is gone entirely. Either way, I have a mess to clean up.

Like everyone everywhere is saying today, I can't believe it's November already. It's just shocking to realize that Christmas is next month. I guess it's time to put the jack o'lantern's away.

Or I could decorate the Christmas tree like this...


Not really.


“October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces.”   ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix


xo, Susan

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin