February 15, 2011

sink in good oblivion


I'm sleepy, tired (those are two different things - think about it), and I have a headache.

I want to crawl into a soft bed in a dark room. The bed should be piled high with downy pillows, smooth sheets, and fluffy blankets. The window may be slightly cracked to let in the cold night air. The only light will be  a bedside lamp, just enough to illuminate the book I'm reading. The dogs will sigh deep, contented sighs, and relax, warm and heavy at my feet. After a few pages, I'll close the book, lay it aside on the bed, and just manage to reach out to turn off the light before I slip into dreamless slumber...


And if tonight my soul may find her peace
in sleep, and sink in good oblivion,
and in the morning wake like a new-opened flower
then I have been dipped again in God, and new-created.
~D.H. Lawrence


http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Angela Michelle said...

I love the first bed..

The best sleep is clean sheets and shaved legs....like a BABY (probably snoring)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin