December 23, 2011

right this very minute


It's almost Christmas, and I'm almost ready...but not quite. I've done most, but not all, of the must-dos: tree, decorations, presents are all nearly done. But I'm not quite ready in my heart, either. I'm afraid Christmas will come and be gone without me ever getting fully in the Christmas spirit, and I don't want that to happen. What I want is the wonder, the joy, the giddy anticipation. Am I too old for that?

I think I need Auntie Mame...

For I've grown a little leaner, grown a little colder
Grown a little sadder, grown a little older 
And I need a little angel sitting on my shoulder
Need a little Christmas now


Surely that'll do it. Bring on the Christmas!




Christmas! 

 The very word brings joy to our hearts. 
 No matter how we may dread the rush, 
the long Christmas lists for gifts and cards to be bought and given - 
when Christmas Day comes there is still the same warm feeling we had as children, 
the same warmth that enfolds our hearts and our homes. 
 ~Joan Winmill Brown




1 comment:

fallenangel said...

found the photo of the peanut snowmen on pinterest... so cute and look easy to make. did you make them or find them somewhere else?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin