As a recipient of this award, I get to list 10 things that make me happy, AND pass the award on to 10 other bloggers who should do the same. You know, share the joy!
So without further ado, and in no particular order, here are 10 (of the many) things that make me gloriously, insanely happy:
1. My Sweet Wife. Yes folks, I said wife...not that we can be legally married in this great country of ours, because of the very real threat of the universe imploding (thanks again, boops!) if we were afforded equal rights under the law, but nonetheless, we are wed, and happily so. She makes me smile and laugh and give thanks every. single. day.
2. Dogs. Mine specifically, but the very existence of them in general. Here's one of my six, and if it's wrong to have a favorite, then I'm bad:
Cooper - My Canine Soulmate (*sigh*...)
3. My Work. I'm Shelter Manager of a large, open admissions, non-profit animal shelter. We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary of no euthanasia for over-crowding, and it was one of the best days ever. We did 6194 adoptions last year. Our live release rate is around 78%. Those are incredible numbers, and I'm so proud and HAPPY to be part of such amazing work. It's where I belong, what I'm meant to be doing.
4. Travel. I love everything about traveling, from planning to packing to the actual journey. The unknown is so alluring, don't you think? Most recently I spent 2 weeks in Scotland last summer with my sister (who goes every year!) In all my travels, Scotland is the most beautiful place I've even been; I'm going again in July this year, and I can hardly wait!
(yes, this rainbow was real!)
5. The 2 People I Made. I would adore them even if they weren't mine.
8. Thrifting. Oh yeah, the thrill of the hunt.
9. Moss Hill (our new house!) It took nearly a year to find it, but we're here now, and it's marvelous. Freaking brilliant.
all photos mine except sushi (from sushi.com)
11. I know, I said 10, but these bloggers all make me happy, too, so here are my nominees:
- Already Pretty
- Life at Willow Manor
- Little Byrd
- Living the Frugal Life
- mackin ink
- Slices of Beauty
- Stil og Genbrug
- Sweet Sweet Life
- Thrift Candy